Zimperium’s Compliance Webinar Series: HIPAA Compliance for Mobile Devices – The 60% of Endpoints Often Unprotected
HIPAA provides data privacy and security provisions for safeguarding medical information. Mobile devices and applications are increasingly being used to store and present patient data to doctors and patients. It’s vital to ensure your organization’s mobile devices are HIPAA compliant—just as your personal computers and servers are. Of note, fines under HIPAA approached $29 million in 2018 alone.
Zimperium, a global leader in enterprise mobile threat defense (MTD) and a leading provider of real-time, on-device protection against known and unknown mobile threats, hosted a free webinar on May 15, 2019, focusing on how to immediately meet the mobile mandates of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) with the Zimperium Platform. Watch the on-demand webinar recording.
HIPAA Compliance for Mobile Devices
JT Keating, Vice President of Product Strategy, led the webinar titled “HIPAA Compliance for Mobile Devices – The 60% of Endpoints Often Unprotected.” In addition, Keating provided actionable insights into the specific mobile compliance requirements and information on how and why:
- Mobile devices are endpoints under HIPAA;
- You must protect the 60% of your organization’s endpoints (mobile devices) and the already protected 40% (personal computers and servers);
- You need on-device, rather than cloud-based, protection to protect mobile devices;
- Only machine learning-based technology can keep up with evolving threats; and
- You must protect mobile devices against Device, Network, Application and Phishing attacks.
Protecting mobile devices isn’t only a good business practice, it’s legally required for companies in highly-regulated industries. However, just checking the compliance box isn’t enough. Attacks are evolving so fast compliance laws can’t keep up. Organizations need mobile security that can protect non-public information today and in the future.